- We are a club that likes to enjoy ourselves, both on and off the water. We’re a blend of individuals from all walks of life and from all over the world living in and around London.
- We share a passion for dragon boat racing, crew member nationalities include Filipinos, Aussies, Americans, Brits, Chinese, Irish, Kiwis, Indians, Mauritians, French, Malaysians and Germans.
- There is also a great mix of abilities ranging from complete novices (who have the opportunity to improve their technique) to members of various Great Britain teams.
- As a rule we paddle wherever and whenever we can, as long as it doesn’t interfere with quality time in the pub!
- We compete nationally in the British Dragon Association league or at major events like the 22 mile Great River Race and internationally at local festivals and races; this year Thames Dragon Boat teams and members will be going to Donegal, Ireland and those representing GB, to to the International Dragon Boat Federation's World championships in Canada.
- We also have lunatics who will paddle anything that floats, including the first modern dug-out canoe on the Thames, outriggers, rafts, dragonboats, Canadian open canoes or flat-water Kayaks.