The saying ‘The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been and the memories made along the way’ truly resonates with our spirit of adventure and friendship.
As a team, we travel to different cities within the UK to take part in national races once a month from April to September. Some of our favourites are Henley, Worcester, Exeter and Bristol regattas.
We also look for new opportunities to venture out abroad every year and have paddled in Paris, China, Rome, Canada and many more places.
Our first international adventure this year was the 43rd Vogalonga Regatta on 4th June – a 30km course through Venice lagoon. It was an amazing experience soaking in the atmosphere, the crowd cheering and meeting teams from all over the world. Simply magnificent!! Find out more here//www.vogalonga.com/en/
On 14th October our crew will be heading to International Cesky Krumlov River Marathon 2017. Banter and beauty on an epic two-day rafting, canoeing down the Vltava river.
Cesky Krumlov is a small city in the South Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic. A few of us went in 2015 and loved it. Racing (more like spinning and zigzagging for some of us 😀) is done in inflatable rafts but there might be an opportunity to hire kayaks if you’re experienced. The race is 37k through lovely scenery ending up in Cesky Krumlov which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Check out the video and the link //krumlovskymaraton.com/en/kvm
Other dragon boat clubs around the UK
- Amathus Dragon Boat Club – Liverpool
- Bristol Empire Dragons – Bristol
- Cambridgeshire Royals – St Neots
- Crusaders Dragon Boat Club – Crosby
- Dragon Boats on Loch Ken – Loch Ken
- Exe-Calibre Dragon Boat Club – Exeter
- Henley Dragons – Henley upon
- Hurricanes Dragon Boat Club – Wraysbury
- Kingston Royals – Kingston upon Th
- Notts Anaconda – Nottingham
- Pershore Phoenix – Pershore
- Pink Champagne – Bournemouth
- Pool of Life – Liverpool
- Powerhouse Dragons – Middlesbrough
- Preston Dragons – Preston
- Purple Warriors
- Raging Dragons – London
- St Neots DBT (Cool Runnings) – St Neots
- Secklow 100 – Milton Keynes
- Soaring Dragons – Barrow upon Soar
- Typhoon Dragon Boat Club – London
- Windy Pandas – London
- Worcester Dragons – Worcester
- Wraysbury Dragons – Egham